If you came to our office this week, you most likely tried the Healthy "Rolos" and/or the Freckled Blonde Truffles we prepared to let you know we appreciate you. We hope you enjoyed them!
Here are the recipes... Make them and share them with others! If you did not have the opportunity to try them, you really need to make these deliciously sweet tooth satisfying treats.
Click here for Healthy "Rolos" recipe
Freckled Blonde Truffle
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup finely shredded organic raw dried coconut (even better if you can dehydrate your own fresh coconut)
- 1/2 cup raw organic cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon ground vanilla or alcohol free liquid vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons chia seeds
- Pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- Place coconut and cashews in vita-mix (you can also use your food processor) and blend until you reach flour-like consistency (about 10 seconds).
- Remove from vita-mix or food processor and place in bowl.
- Mix coconut oil over a double boiler until it is liquified.
- Add honey, coconut oil, vanilla, chia seeds and sea salt to bowl and mix until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl a couple of times.
- Chill in refrigerator for 45 minutes.
- Once mixture is chilled, scoop by teaspoon-fulls and roll into balls and chill again for at least 10 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
Makes about 30 truffles ( 1 teaspoon of mixture in size).